Phinjection is an innovative, entirely needle-free technique whereby Hyaluronic Acid is injected directly into the skin.
This treatment may be performed for the following:
- Correct nasolabial folds,
- Correct marionette lines,
- Lip volume augmentation.
This noninvasive technique makes the treatment less painful than techniques requiring the use of needles, causes less tissue damage and reduces stress in clients who are uncomfortable with needles.
- 7 days prior to treatment, do not use medication such as Aspirin or Ibuprofen
- 7 days prior to treatment, do not consume supplements which affect coagulation
- 24h before treatment, avoid alcoholic beverage
- When coming in for treatment your face must be clean and makeup free
The Phinjection technique involves applying pressure with a specially designed device used to inject Hyaluronic Acid (HA) into the skin. The device is called the Phinjection Pen. The Phinjection Pen includes an ampule that has micro perforations and produces enough pressure to deposit HA into the skin. This treatment is needle-free, and therefore considered to be noninvasive.
Results are visible immediately after HA is injected. Average HA retention in the skin is 6-12 months, after which time it is necessary to undergo correction.
POST TREATMENT CARE
The treated area will be slightly swollen and it is advisable to avoid touching the lips. In order to reduce bruising, an ice pack or arnica ointment is recommended.
If a lump should appear, it is necessary to massage the lump. If this part of the lip should harden, this will usually subside within 1 to 2 weeks. If necessary, painkillers are permitted.
Avoid excessive heat until swelling subsides (sunbathing, tanning salons, saunas, steam rooms, hot beverages and foods), as well as extreme cold (skiing and other winter sports). It is also recommended to limit the movement of the treated area (lips – do not smoke for the first 4h or kiss for 24h).
Also, avoid the following:
- Consummation of alcoholic beverages
- Strenuous workouts as they may cause additional bruising
- Laser treatments, dermabrasion treatments and chemical peels while there is still redness and swelling
- Sun block and makeup for the first 24h after treatment